LED Rain 56's at a corporate event

Ok the DMX-70 is too tempting to pass up. Bill I think I'll be contacting you shortly.

Ok the DMX-70 is too tempting to pass up. Bill I think I'll be contacting you shortly.

My thoughts exactly...but at least I have a birthday coming up in about a month!! The DMX-70 is really pushing the classification of "dj controllers". I like that. It's something that I could set up for a concert with PARs (4pack dimmers, 3 packs to a fixture button) and LEDs (4 channel fixtures, 3 to a fixture button) and scanners/moving heads (one to a fixture button) and really maximize with the scene and chase buttons. With eight scenes and six chases plus direct control from fixture buttons+faders, you really have a nice, small on-the-fly palette! I like that. I think that it blows all of the ADJ controllers in that price range away, no question!

Now Bill, aren't you glad that I brought up the DMX70 and the Jrs? Look at all this business you're getting!

And the best thing about ordering from Bill and ESC is that you actually call using a phone and talk to Bill! You can order online, but you're usually cheating yourself in terms of pricing.

I read a review for this unit (on Amazon) which said the fader values are jittery. Do you think this was a defective unit, or do you have similar issues?

I wonder if any "jitters" came from a fixture at low speed with only 8-bit movement capabilities or an LED where the fade time was very long. Either of these can cause a "jitter."

Soundlight, that's what makes it so appealing. Why would I want to pay $800 some for a basic Leprecon when that fits my bill.

Soundlight, that's what makes it so appealing. Why would I want to pay $800 some for a basic Leprecon when that fits my bill.

What's funny is that the DMX70 could oustrip the leprecon in just about every aspect except number of faders, where the fixture buttons easily make up for this with a nice version of paged faders.

I get Leprecon's whole "we use better parts" thing, but really, there must be more programming of software involved with the Chauvet board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back