LED retrofit option

Of the many retrofit "lamps", in demonstration it seems one of the best. I think you'll find it won't do a snap blackout, but test one. Low end fade out not bad at all in demo I saw; fade up smoothness varies but if it's been out for long, it will bump on a little.

They were a little pricey - $600 or 700? But compared to replacing fixtures, probably less overall in many or most situations. I'd still prefer replacing the fixtures, but not always possible.

Considering these for a retrofit- would be exciting if we didn't have to completely change out all of our existing fixtures.

http://rledlighting.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/RLED_CutSheet_SD1.pdf

has anyone had any prior experience with these they'd like to share?

Hey there,

I work for a public school district and we have had 3 of our auditoriums retrofitted with the R-LED. They are excellent and have had nothing but good service from the company. If you can afford them, I highly recommend them. Here is a video of them dimming in one of our spaces (video was taken by the guy who designed the R-LED, not me)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hey there,

I work for a public school district and we have had 3 of our auditoriums retrofitted with the R-LED. They are excellent and have had nothing but good service from the company. If you can afford them, I highly recommend them. Here is a video of them dimming in one of our spaces (video was taken by the guy who designed the R-LED, not me)

Any chance of having a similar video illustrating 40 second fade times, both 40 seconds up from zero and 40 seconds down to zero.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

Any chance of having a similar video illustrating 40 second fade times, both 40 seconds up from zero and 40 seconds down to zero.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.
The next time I am in one of our spaces that has them, I will make a video for you. R-LEDs channel has a few more videos they have uploaded as well.

I have some demo units as well. If Rick doesn't beat me to it, I will try to take a couple videos.

Ok, I finally had a moment to get some videos. I have uploaded 2 versions, one with the camera pointed at the [autolink]led[/autolink] cans themselves and one pointed more at the floor.

40 second [autolink]fade[/autolink] to black followed by a 40 second [autolink]fade[/autolink] to full. The RLED units are the 4 in the corner, the other's are 150w Halogens.

Impressive. That is a pretty sweet dimming curve to zero and back. Nicely done RLED!

Someone that has these - could you test the bump or zero count to full and to black out? I've discovered that some LED houselights don't bump full on full off.

Someone that has these - could you test the bump or zero count to full and to black out? I've discovered that some LED houselights don't bump full on full off.

Start at 1:38 of the first video. It has a bump out and bump in.

You can see that in the bump out, the LED's still stay on and take a few seconds to actually fade to black totally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back