LED Stage Light Options for High School Theater

Worldwide.

Thanks, that's interesting. Here in the UK, we used to almost exclusively use Sylvania PAR38 lamps in our house lights, until a few years ago the price started rapidly going up, then we found we could no longer source Sylvania lamps and the "off brand" equivalents we could source were sub standard. That pushed us into LED house lighting. Similarly, the supply of CP62 etc has not entirely dried up, but again, the price has multiplied and we would have to take off brand lamps. We've also been seeing supply problems for T series lamps.

jbogner: Throughout this thread the items spoken of (HPLs, FLK, FEL, BTL, BTN, BTR, CYX, BTH, GLC/GLA/GLD/GLE, etc., etc.) have been referred to a "BULBS." (I'm surprised that Derek & Mark haven't called you on this yet--shame, guys!) I know that the general unwashed public refers to them as "bulbs," however as with many things, the general unwashed public is wrong and often doesn't know of what it speaks. The "BULB" is one component of an incandescent LAMP, others being the filament, support structure(s) and base. I don't mean to be hard on you as a newbie in the biz, but please take some time, do some research, and learn the correct terminology for the items your're speaking of, especially when in the presence of (at least semi) professionals in a field, this or any other. Correct terminology is a very important factor in communicating and being understood. If you mean "lamp" please don't say "bulb."

I guess these folks didn't get the memo.
Snark, snark, chortle, sorry I just had to do it.

jbogner: Throughout this thread the items spoken of (HPLs, FLK, FEL, BTL, BTN, BTR, CYX, BTH, GLC/GLA/GLD/GLE, etc., etc.) have been referred to a "BULBS." (I'm surprised that Derek & Mark haven't called you on this yet--shame, guys!) I know that the general unwashed public refers to them as "bulbs," however as with many things, the general unwashed public is wrong and often doesn't know of what it speaks. The "BULB" is one component of an incandescent LAMP, others being the filament, support structure(s) and base. I don't mean to be hard on you as a newbie in the biz, but please take some time, do some research, and learn the correct terminology for the items your're speaking of, especially when in the presence of (at least semi) professionals in a field, this or any other. Correct terminology is a very important factor in communicating and being understood. If you mean "lamp" please don't say "bulb."
I'm sorry about that, you are right that the proper terminology is lamp. I have fallen into the bad habit of calling them bulbs because our directors and administration would be completely lost... I shall try to remember to use proper terminology on this forum though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back