LED submaster mixing frustration

I'm working with an ETC Element. I need to set blue, red, and green to separate submasters for mixing. I've been able to do that with no problem. However, when I bring up another submaster with one of my conventional fixtures programmed on it, it either turns the cyc red or white. I can't figure out what to do. I'm not a complete lighting novice but I'm no pro either. HELP...

I'm working with an ETC Element. I need to set blue, red, and green to separate submasters for mixing. I've been able to do that with no problem. However, when I bring up another submaster with one of my conventional fixtures programmed on it, it either turns the cyc red or white. I can't figure out what to do. I'm not a complete lighting novice but I'm no pro either. HELP...
@meghanpotpie Are you sure you're not using the same DMX address more than once?
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

How do I do that? To my limited knowledge, I only recorded the 2 conventional fixtures to each submaster.

Double tap the "sub" hard key, you should be in blind. Select your conventional submaster and hit the "edit" soft key. That'll bring up what is programmed into the sub. Make sure the only thing you need to to come up in your sub is programmed. Go back to live when you've finished.

@meghanpotpie Are you sure you're not using the same DMX address more than once?
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard
Nope. I can individually control each LED fixture.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard
Double tap the "sub" hard key, you should be in blind. Select your conventional submaster and hit the "edit" soft key. That'll bring up what is programmed into the sub. Make sure the only thing you need to to come up in your sub is programmed. Go back to live when you've finished.
Yeah. It’s just the two conventional fixtures. No LEDs.

When you say it only has your conventionals do you literally mean those are the only channels with any infornation at all or the only channels with a level and all the others are at 0. A channel at 0 could have colour information, and as soon as you move that sub the colour will override whatever is there. This is why you should always selectively record, not just send a channel to 0 and then record everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back