LED video Colorstrip

I was almost impressed until he let on that he was using the fixtures' built-in macro functions and LightJockey was merely triggering them. Let's see him do the same thing on an Express, without using the lights' programs! Actually, it's easier to do on an Express than a Hog or GMA.

The unit itself looks quite nice however, for (what?) 1/3 the cost of a ColorBlaze48?

nice DJ unit, but I don't think that thing has anywhere near the punch of a blaze....

I wonder how smooth it fades from B/O

Hey can you go wrong with Daft Punk, even if it is a bad remix version. There's a lot of possibilities there for a DJ that likes to spend some quality time with his equipment and the built in macro's will work for any DJ that doesn't. Looking at them though I kinda see them as a DJ rig. They don't appear to have a lot of punch, They would work for a show that could use those kind of chases for foot lighting (at least that's where i see them) but I would think you would need something with more power for down lighting or cyc lighting. Also I know LED's can dim, but from my experience on a lab bench with LED's they like to go from 0 power to 100% power a lot more than they like to be dimmed, and if you used them for theatrical lighting color mixing would require some dimming. My .02 = great for DJ's wouldn't buy them for theatre lighting though.

Wow, looks like a very nice unit for the DJ market, I can see that being a big hit. Who makes it, how much's it cost? With some well thought out programming that looks like it has a great potential for the DJ market.

A hellofalot better than moonflowers.

Chauvet
proxy.php

http://www.chauvetlighting.com/fixtures/colorstrip_fix.shtml

As he mentioned the video was shot after only a half hour of receiving the fixtures. He now has two more videos with about 4 hours of programming involved.

The Colorstrips have a MAP of $ 249.99 but can be had on the street for a bit over $ 200.00.

I have some LED strips that look like the croma q led's made by my favorite chinese company, they are very bright and you can do some really cool stuff with them.

I noticed while browsing the LED scene that this guy is essentially limited to its built in chases, as one can program with sections of the color strip individually. The major drawback here is you can not alter the intensity of the chases. I guess it's just diffusion FTW...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back