LED work light fixtures

The one thing about the LEDs that I like over T5 is that with a 50,000 hour life, I will probably never have to go up and visit them again!

Osram won an award at Lightfair for a T8 lamp rated at 84,000 hours. They have a bunch of T5s with 45,000hr life. No, the ballasts may not last that either, especially outdoors.

This warrants a look. 50W - U.L.

proxy.php

Ok I would love to check it out Bill is there a link or where can a guy find it?

I've seen these, or similar, at Lowe's and Home Depot take a look in the work light section. Most of them I see are connected to the stands but there are a few around that are just a fixture like this.

Last edited:
I was going to say high CRI- but there are some high CRI fluorescent (tri or quad- phosphor) on the market these days.

The CRI on the FL is pretty 'meh LED standard CRI' but how in the holy hell did you justify the FLx having 95 CRI? I work in a museum and finding 95 CRI LEDs has been very difficult (and expensive), why did y'all choose to use such a high CRI in this fixture? Presumably that choice drove the price up. But, I am interested for sure! Does the FLx exist yet?

For the FLx we decided to just use the same LED board we are putting into the KREIOS SL fixture (~98% R9) and drive it differently to get the higher lumens required. We choose that path because there are already a ton of low (~70) CRI LED worklight fixtures on the market. What's the point of making yet another one? Someone is going to want to work under a good quality of light, or want a true color rendering in their environment around them and it wasn't that much more expensive. It's a custom OSRAM OSLON chip, so I'm sure we get a decent price on it. Sadly, it's not out yet. I keep saying soon... I keep MEANING soon. I keep being turned into an accidental liar by things out of my control. For a Museum, the KREIOS SL is the fixture you want!

For the FLx we decided to just use the same LED board we are putting into the KREIOS SL fixture (~98% R9) and drive it differently to get the higher lumens required. We choose that path because there are already a ton of low (~70) CRI LED worklight fixtures on the market. What's the point of making yet another one? Someone is going to want to work under a good quality of light, or want a true color rendering in their environment around them and it wasn't that much more expensive. It's a custom OSRAM OSLON chip, so I'm sure we get a decent price on it. Sadly, it's not out yet. I keep saying soon... I keep MEANING soon. I keep being turned into an accidental liar by things out of my control. For a Museum, the KREIOS SL is the fixture you want!
Any update on delivery of the FLx?

Rob Montgomery

Absolutely correct on the first half. Slow to market is unfortunately an accurate description for us. However it is FAR better (not "a little") than a 150W quartz flood. It's actually TWICE as bright as a 300W quartz Flood (we've done the isocandela plot to verify) ... so that would make it 4x brighter than a 150W. 80% less energy than the 300W. 40,000 hrs. rated life vs. 2000 hrs....

Why LED over Fluorescent? (for the KREIOS FL, here's why):
-- No labor costs (lamp replacement).
-- small form factor.
-- Gel frame attachment.
-- IP 65 rated for outdoor use as well!
-- painted black to blend into the stage/electrics when not in use
-- Yoke accepts all standard C-clamps for easy installation.

I was going to say high CRI- but there are some high CRI fluorescent (tri or quad- phosphor) on the market these days.

This thread is some months old, so I hope that you are following it. I spec'ed these fixtures for work/rehearsal light in our auditorium and they (facility department) came back and said they were not available in the US. I found the 60W version at Barbizon. What about the 70W, which is also dimmable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back