LEE Colortran Company

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by JimP0771, Nov 12, 2018.

?

DId you ever use A Lee Colortran ENR 96 system and did you Like it?

1. Yes I used one and I liked it

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No I have never used one

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  3. Yes I have used one and never liked that system

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Jay Ashworth

Jay Ashworth Well-Known Member

It would appear that they are now Nikon USA, yes.

2. EdSavoie

EdSavoie Well-Known Member

College Student
    Yeesh... There's an awful lot more hate for the ENR in those votes than I would have expected... Has it really been that bad a system towards some of you?

RonHebbard likes this.
  3. RonHebbard

RonHebbard Well-Known Member Premium Member

EdSavoie likes this.
  4. SteveB

SteveB Well-Known Member

Can’t say about the smaller packs, but as the big 96 racks had plastic dimmer modules and aluminum buss bars (as Mac commented on) and the occasional melt down, I can see where it would leave a less then positive opinion with people, especially as I’ve been told that when the plastic dimmer modules got overly warm, they would sag a bit till it looked like the they were smiling. Not something you want in an 600 amp rack, LOL. Colortran DID offer up fixes eventually.

Some interesting reading here:

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!msg/rec.arts.theatre.stagecraft/Y5GbQH4xrJQ/UD6EyfSVv6QJ

TimMc, EdSavoie and RonHebbard like this.
  5. Jay Ashworth

Jay Ashworth Well-Known Member

Wow... that thread is old enough to drink. :-}

RonHebbard likes this.
  6. EdSavoie

EdSavoie Well-Known Member

College Student
    On BOTH sides of the border at that!

RonHebbard and Jay Ashworth like this.
  7. JimP0771

JimP0771 Member

Hotel Desk Clerk
    Hi all

Like I have said before it has been a long time sense I have posted on here. Lee Colortran has a very interesting history. I like companies like this that went through different owners and names. I am sad that Lee Colortran went bankrupt but I can see why. The ENR96 system I have is not used anymore except for one dimmer to control house lights for a event hall/former theater that I use to volunteer at to doing lighting and sound. I actually was the one that got the used ENR 96 system and got it installed there. We are now making plans to remove that system and I am going to put it in my storage unit. This might sound strange but there is sentimental value for me. That was the system I learned lighting on. Before I became the owner of the system it was installed in my high school auditorium and I learned lighting by doing it all hands on and just playing the lighting board. After that I became one of the only people in the school to know how to program the system. After my high school decided to renovate I went ahead and bought the ENR69 rack and have it installed at the event hall/theater I volunteer at. So when we remove it I plan on keeping it for my sentimental reasons.

RonHebbard likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice