LEE Colortran repair

xaveallen

I am a teacher at a high school with a 15-year-old LEE Colortran stage lighting system. Lately it shuts itself down after a few minutes of use and the "Air Flow" indicator lights up. Who can I call to get this looked at? The school is near Toronto, Canada.

When was the last time the dimmer modules were cleaned? This may be the source of your problem.

As for service, I'm sure Titanium of Leviton will be along shortly with some good advice.

When was the last time the dimmer modules were cleaned? This may be the source of your problem.

As for service, I'm sure Titanium of Leviton will be along shortly with some good advice.

You could also have a loose connection on the fans at the top of the unit, We had the same problem we unplugged the fans then reseated the connection and they have been working fine since, Unfortunately our dimmers are located 20 Feet from our workshop area and should be cleaned every 3 months yet they only have been cleaned twice in the last 15 years.

Also if a Mod could move this to the lighting section it may get more attention.

I went ahead and moved this to the Lighting and Electrics forum, you may get more help here than in the Sound forum.

the person to contact is Chris Mentis he is the Service manager at Cinequipwhite in Toronto. His number is (416) 467-7700.

Personally, I'd suggest Jack Frost (Company, not person...) for just about anything Dimming related... (905) 624-5344...
They're out my way in Mississauga, but have always been really good about speedy service (and hookups of temporary rental packs if they need to leave our premisis)

Last edited:
Personally, I'd suggest Jack Frost (Company, not person...) for just about anything Dimming related... (905) 624-5344...
They're out my way in Mississauga, but have always been really good about speedy service (and hookups of temporary rental packs if they need to leave our premisis)

Thanks! I'll give them a call.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back