(LEE) Colortran SceneMaster 60

TomyN

Well, today I got an used SceneMaster 60 on e**y, it was realy cheap, but it will come without manual.
Could anybody give me a hint where to search for a manual, or just describe the basic principles (building scens and recalling them).

Be blessed

Tomy

First off talk to your buddy Phillip... you must know this guy because there's no way two people from Germany are posting requests for a Scenemaster 60 manual on the same day. Anyway, check out the other thread from a few hours ago, someone posted an e-mail address to try.

Last edited:
well, that's realy strange. But Phillip isn't me and vice versa. It seems to be because the desk was in the german e**y auction. I'd dropped a mail to the company mentioned in the other thread yesterday (found them via g****e, but was not sure if they are the right ones) but got no answer jet.

But I've to blame me for not looking on older headers. :oops:

Be blessed

Tomy

Well good luck. Be sure to get in contact with Phillip so you can work together at finding it. It's really weird that two guys from Germany posted on this board in less than 3 hours apart looking for the same old manual. Pretty crazy stuff.

What's with the asteriks ? just wondering.

Hi,

well I know some forums where they are 'not amused' if you write the full names of the auctionportal and the internet search portal in full. Don't ask me why this is so, but I'm used to it.
If this is a problem, I try to write google and ebay without any ** in this forum.

Tomy

Oh Ok I get it. It's not a problem for me I just couldn't figure out what g****e was and I wasn't sure if there was something blocking the writing of certain words.

Well,

now it arrived. It seems to be in great shape.
But that's all I can check at the moment.
Can anybody help me with two questions:

- The desk has a 9 pin sub-D monitor output. Is that 'hercules', 'ega' , 'vga' or an special format?
- The desk has a 5 pin xlr connector, labeld with 'to dimmers'. Is this DMX, CMX or something else?

Any help or hint would be nice.

Tomy

I got a manual in a zipped file for one of these from Cinequipwhite in Toronto - I wanted the Prestige 2000 so I deleted it and they sent me the correct one.

I have a Scenemaster Prestige and the monitor is not VGA the 9pin D type connector will either be a TTL monitor (used on commodores from the late 1980s or an EGA monitor. Depends on model. Both are obsolete and can be hard to find and expensive. A used one can be bought from an internet supplier and some carry new ones but you can pay more for one of these than a SVGA monitor. A VGA or SVGA monitor uses 15 pins in the same size shell as a 9 pin D connector. You cannot adjust by changing cables - different scan rates etc.

The 5pin is DMX but the 4 pin is an analogue multiplex output.

If yours has the 3.5 inch diskette you may find it is a 720kByte drive and not a 1.5 Mbyte. If so you will need to find the lower density disks or you may be lucky and it may format to 720k - doesn't always work. Later units have a hard drive.

I have found these units sensitive to supply voltage and spikes so I use a supply filter for them. If you find it randomly resets from time to time this is the problem. Swapping the PSU supply filter capacitors for new ones also helps - they breakdown with age.

There is a lot of capability in these consoles - so have fun

Hi,

I found VGA 9 Pin to 15 Pin, but it is not working. From the manual I got, I suppose the display is a hercules type (80 Characters a row on 25 lines, monochrome).
But to be sure, could somebody just state if it is (was) a color or a monochrome display?

Tomy

you cannot simply change one format to another by vchanging pin out. The different types of monitors are not that easy. The TTL and EGA (enhanced Graphics adapter)monitors use a digital output and there is a scan rate that control the trace scan across the screen. The VGA (video graphics adapter)and SVGA (super video graphics adapter) monitors are an analogue output that use different scan frequencies. There are also RGA monitors out there as well. Unfortunately you need to do a bit of work. Try searching for EGA to VGA adapters for information check out www.epanorama.com for more information.

Try searching using

well, now I got an used Hercules monochrome monitor (with 50 and 60 Hz) from e-bay (real cheap). I hope that it arrives middle of next week, so I can continue testing. The manual looks very prommising.

Tomy

;) YES it's working. The video out is hercules style. And I found a setting in setup which is not in the manual, which toggles between DMX512 and colortran output format.

Thanks again for all support

a real happy Tomy

I have the manual for the SceneMaster 60 and a SceneMaster 60 but also have no monitor for it. Is there a specification anywhere on what the exact video format is for the crt connector, MGA, CGA, VGA etc? The unit is owned by a non-profic private school and I want to use it for their upcoming 8th grade play, "The King and I" but need to figure out a way to set up a monitor. Does anyone know if there is a way to wire in a direct video out on it from the board. I tried the link in one of the threads for a converter but the link failed.

Last edited:
Sorry to pop ut late on a thread but this Scenemaster 60 sounds like a reasonable desk and they appear occasionally for sale, but I like to read the manual before I buy and cannot find the other thread mentioned. Can someone please point me in the right direction for a manual.
Thanks
don

Users who are viewing this thread

Back