Lee Filters

Edrick

Premium Member
Hey, well just a random topic. I was watching How It's Made on Discovery and they were making Lee Filters.

Did it show them actually boiling down the horses' hooves?

See, it's further proof the Canadian's support the arts better then the US.

How It's Made is produced in Canada.

See, it's further proof the Canadian's support the arts better then the US.
How It's Made is produced in Canada.
Many Discovery Channel (and it's subsidiaries) programs are produced in Canada.

ALERT: It will be repeated at 1AM PST, Sun, 02/24. Maybe. Check local listings.

Feb 24, 1:00 am
(30 minutes)

How It's Made
Episode 9
TV-G

Discover what it takes to manufacture bumpers, lighting gels & camera filters, steam-powered models, and candy canes.

Feb 24, 11:00 am
(30 minutes)

How It's Made
Episode 9
TV-G

Discover what it takes to manufacture bumpers, lighting gels & camera filters, steam-powered models, and candy canes.

Seems as though the series was repackaged for the Discovery channels, as all the episode numbers have changed.

I think a majority of what is on US TV is produced in Canada. Most scifi shows are too

I think a majority of what is on US TV is produced in Canada. Most scifi shows are too

The discovery network tends to import more then most stations due simply because they have a lot of space to fill and its cheaper to import then to make their own. Mainstream US TV is mostly made in the US, though the concepts for some shows are imported. I don't care what they say, no one in TV anywhere has ever had an original idea.

Most Sci-Fi programming is shot in Canada, which I found interesting such as Star Gate.

Part of that might simply be the diversity of open terrain that can be filmed in. How do you cheaply produce a series where you often have to shoot on location in a multitude of different uninhabited places? Go to Canada!

Clark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back