Lee

DJErik07 said:
I perfer them over rosco or gam. They have a better selection.

I would agree, but Lee has some nice warm amberish colors to choose from. I must say I like Gam the best, I like how their swatch book is set up, and I like the choice of colors, even though they don't have as many warm amber and reds as I would like them to. Oh well.

Does anyone use Apollo for gel's? I have a swatch book from them, and in a quick glance through it, I didn't see any colors I really loved. Anyone have an Apollo color they love?

I personally love Apollo. Their gels just seem to be more durable than other brands.

Case in point: I recently had to buy R05 (Rosco Rose Tint) and R99 (Rosco Chocolate) for a show (it was spec'd in the rider). Our local dealer didn't have R99 in, and substituted in AP7100 (Apollo Hot Cocoa). The Apollo gel seemed thicker, more durable, and better made than the Rosco gel.

zac850 said:
...I must say I like Gam the best, I like how their swatch book is set up,...

If ordering a swatch book from Lee, keep in mind that they make one that is sorted by the colour and another that is sorted by number. They have a "name" for each, which escapes me at this point in time. You will probably see them if you look at their web site.

Get one of each.

i like Lee for the high temperature. Ive tried to order swatchbooks form them 3 times and all i got was a book thingy at school. i like Rosco the best. all my school has is Lee and Rosco.

I'm not a huge fan of apollo myself (but I think that's just the way i've been educated).
Apollo did give me the best laugh the other day though. Both rosco and gam offer a color called "Bastard Amber" (R02, G325). Now, anyone who has looked through the apollo swatchbook knows they have some creative names for their gels. My all time favorite though has to be Apollo gel number 7050 - "Fatherless Amber." Oh Apollo... :-D

Mayhem wrote:

"If ordering a swatch book from Lee, keep in mind that they make one that is sorted by the colour and another that is sorted by number".

I believe it's the book that sorts by color that has a numerical guide in the back pages - just flip it around. You can then find any color number referenced to a page number.

Very handy and something I wish Rosco would do.

SB

Kate said:
Now, anyone who has looked through the apollo swatchbook knows they have some creative names for their gels. My all time favorite though has to be Apollo gel number 7050 - "Fatherless Amber." Oh Apollo... :-D

That is easily one of the funniest things I have ever heard! Thank you for making me laugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back