Lehigh Board Networking

sross01986

I got stuck with a "sigh" Lehigh Electric Rendition. I want to be able to use my laptop as a remote with wifi. The manual is really terrible, I made my own wireless access point with the ip address in the specific area that they asked. Has anyone every connected their computer to that board. I've done it with Strand and Martin boards without any problems

Connect the two using a cross-over network cable first. If you can get that to work, then introduce the wifi. You have to crawl before you learn to walk.

Is a crossover cable really necessary, the manual doesn't state that it is needed.

Don't forget to set up the subnet mask as well 255.0.0.0 and make the router have a static IP of 2.0.0.20 and your Laptop should be 2.0.0.30 / 255.0.0.0 is how I am reading it.

Oh and yeah the Manual is complete crap, atleast for the networking section. Also there is no online tutorials for networking maybe call them and tell them to make a video for it *shrug*

Since we don't know the vintage of the Lehigh, I assume that a cross-over is needed. Most, newer network interfaces don't need it, but there are always exceptions. Whenever I make a connection without a network switch, I use a crossover and then I know I won't have a problem.

Only one side of the connection needs to be auto MDI MDI-X for a crossover to not be needed.
Pretty much anything consumer network device made in the last decade has auto functionality, and it would have been most of a decade since I last used a crossover cable...

Note also that with a gigabit connection, the theory behind crossover cables does not apply, noting of course that most lighting consoles don't have GbE NICs...

Only one side of the connection needs to be auto MDI MDI-X for a crossover to not be needed.
Pretty much anything consumer network device made in the last decade has auto functionality, and it would have been most of a decade since I last used a crossover cable...

Note also that with a gigabit connection, the theory behind crossover cables does not apply, noting of course that most lighting consoles don't have GbE NICs...
Why do we have this string of three identical posts all in a row and all tagged as post #5?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back