Vintage Lighting Leko w/ a Fresnel Lens

The most common Fresnel lens is that flat plastic lens on overhead projectors and they are very precise.

And opaque projectors - those big brown things. And film strips and microfiche.

A lot of folks don't even remember Kodak Carousels - which were a mainstay of theatre for many years. I recall Pilobolus on tour and the amazing things they were doing with them.

I had several lekos with stepped lenses back in the 80's. When we think of a Fresnel lens in lighting it is usually a step lens with a pebble finish on the other side. The lenses on these had no such finish and the steps themselves were painted with a high temp black paint. They seemed to focus quite clean, by 1980 standards.

And opaque projectors - those big brown things. And film strips and microfiche.

A lot of folks don't even remember Kodak Carousels - which were a mainstay of theatre for many years. I recall Pilobolus on tour and the amazing things they were doing with them.
And Alvin Ailey (Sp?) on tour when they were all wearing skin colored body stockings, striking poses with their clothes, striking a few more poses, pausing and a piece of clothing would be missing: The routine continued until they all appeared naked then continued as various layers of flesh were stripped away slowly revealing a skinless bony skeleton with only their head and face remaining. There were something like 11 of them spread in a line accross the stage with a line of 11 projectors across the apron; this would've been 1973 or '74.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

@David Ashton Didn't the 264 have 8 shutters; 4 for hard cuts and 4 with red handles for soft edges?
This would've been in the late 1960's / early 1970's.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard
the 264 had hard and soft shutters which were great for blending, I would like to see the idea revisited, the 263 only had normal shutters.

Interesting, what model numbers are they? Might have one on right if wanted for R&D study. Or overall, could what was described a Fresnel lens be a typo? See the above in wrapping with the science.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back