Leprechaun LP-X48 console...?

KaR356i

I may be having a brain fart, but I just simply can't find the Leprochan website... Do they have one, or is the manufacturer another company? I want info on this board, offline software if they have it, but at least a manual to download. I have googled it with various spellings and haven't had any luck...

Thanks for any help you guys can provide!

I may be having a brain fart, but I just simply can't find the Leprochan website... Do they have one, or is the manufacturer another company? I want info on this board, offline software if they have it, but at least a manual to download. I have googled it with various spellings and haven't had any luck...
Thanks for any help you guys can provide!

Here's the best advice I can give you on the X24/48 (24 is the smaller version)...throw it in a trashcan.

I spent about an hour last night reading through the manual (also downloaded the offline software). I came to the conclusion that it just pretty much sucks, and I'm not particularly interested in learning it!

But maybe some people like it. I just figured I would research it a bit because I'm doing a design for a small theatre event- They just got some ML's and bought that board to run them, and they MIGHT have it all hooked up by the time this event happens.... They haven't had much time to figure out how to run it, and I thought it might be a good idea to walk in a little more prepared.

I got aggravated with it last night, maybe I'll have a better perspective on it today...

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
My major beef with it is that the playbacks really function like chases. You have no way to directly access a scene that's in the middle of a playback. For example, we have 2 Mac 600's. When we first got them, I programmed a simple little playback with a 8 or 10 scenes, all in the same position, just different color washes that compliment our PAR color washes. Suppose #1 is CTO, #2 Blue, #3 Lavender, #4 Yellow, etc. But what happens is, when you bring the playback fader up from 0%, you must start with scene #1, CTO. There's no way around it. If you want to start with Lavender, you have to barely bring the fader up to 1%, just to get the playback active without actually opening the instruments' shutters, then quickly select to scene 3 or whatever it is you really want, then make your fade up to 100%.
Asinine.
Also, I can't for the life of me get an acceptable profile created for LEDs. I'm still fiddling with it, but I sure don't like it.

My major beef is that you can't edit on the fly. Or you can't run the show in time..you only get one or the other.

MY beef is (and htey might have fixed this since I used it 3 years ago) is that one can only select one pallet per ICBP so if you have two gobo wheels and want to do a gobo morph effect you can not selected gobo wheel one gobo 6 then gobo wheel 2 gobo 3 and then select which wheel you want in focus. You would have to build a pallete for that look instead of being able to use three seperate pallets you have already created.

I used it, and I don't like it. Has anyone used this board successfully without coming out of the deal hating it? Just wondered what practical applications this board is used FOR..... It doesn't really work that well for a lecture hall or small theatre performances.

The warnings on how the faders work (or don't work) really helped when I planned out how to program for that day!

Thanks!!

We use the X24 at church to control 2 Mac 600's, 3(or 4) Coemar Prospot 250 XL's, 10 ADJ LED PARs, and 24 dimmer channels. I can't say I hate it, as I've used it for over 3 years and am pretty used to it. But I know there's a myriad of better tools out there. I've trained a half dozen people to use it. It's usually a 2 or 3 month learning curve before I'll leave them alone. (Although realistically I only get a couple hours with them at a time, once or twice a week. And plenty of that goes into artistic aspects as well.)

Bottom line, there's plenty to dislike. Creative programming will allow you to work around a lot of it. Let me know if you're stuck working with it again, maybe I can help. Cheers!

Kevin

Thank you!!!! I certainly will let you know if I end up using it again!

I have a pretty good knowledge base so I got the hang of it fairly quickly, I just don't think it's very user friendly, particularly for the application it is in at that theatre. I just made it a very simple thing, and basically used the faders like subs- I just programmed looks into each one and cross faded between them. Unfortunately the house guy who set up the MLs in the board had it so that the Chauvet S-Movers wouldn't dim, which made them fairly useless to me- he said that's how he wanted it. I will change that the next time if I use the board again though!

Thanks for all your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back