Leprecon Lighting console monitor choice

If you need touch, then the console has to have the drivers for the monitor being used. Check with Leprecon, but it is unlikely to support anything but the specified Elo. FWIW, I've used Elo's for years and they are good and reliable.

Elo is the brand. The dealer should be ashamed of that markup. You can buy them from several online stores, including Amazon, for around $500.

Intellitouch and Accutouch are the two touch sensing methods. I prefer Intellitouch, but they both work fine and the drivers should be the same for both. You need one with VGA input and USB for the touch connection. Various sizes and bezel styles are available. The 1517L and 1717L are the basic models.

*whistles* that’s some serious coin. You can get a ELO touch POS system, register and install for like 1500$

Canadia must not be in the touch business or your dealer is ripping you off.

At that quote I wouldn’t even buy the console.

Every major player in the console market now supports any windows 7/10 compatible screen. That said, is there any reason you want to go with Lepercon? I personally never consider Lepercon as a viable console choice for a controller; dimmers racks, yes, Power Distros, yes, ULD-360(6-pack dimmers), hell yes, but not for real consoles; there are a lot of better-supported options out there, with better features for less money.

From Lepercon- Suggested list- 15" ELO touchscreen $857.14, 22" Elo touchscreen $1807.14
You can probably shop around and find a better price, these are offered as a one-stop shopping conveniences. You know everything is going to work perfect when you get it as a package. If you piece-meal it together, if there are issues, ist becomes your problem.

Every major player in the console market now supports any windows 7/10 compatible screen. That said, is there any reason you want to go with Lepercon? I personally never consider Lepercon as a viable console choice for a controller; dimmers racks, yes, Power Distros, yes, ULD-360(6-pack dimmers), hell yes, but not for real consoles; there are a lot of better-supported options out there, with better features for less money.
I am limited to $5000 USD. It seems only Strand 250ml (which I’m ditchin) and ETC Coloursource are options beyond Leprecon. We have a small rig - 48 channels analogue and 20 LED. A few movers may be on the horizon but nothing elaborate.... 500 seat house with many ‘self operating’ gigs (we don’t tech)..... I like that the Leprecon has ‘Quicklooks’.

I am limited to $5000 USD. It seems only Strand 250ml (which I’m ditchin) and ETC Coloursource are options beyond Leprecon. We have a small rig - 48 channels analogue and 20 LED. A few movers may be on the horizon but nothing elaborate.... 500 seat house with many ‘self operating’ gigs (we don’t tech)..... I like that the Leprecon has ‘Quicklooks’.

I'm sure someone from Pathway will be along, but have you looked at Pathway's Cognito console? Seems to be geared toward what your rig requires.
https://www.pathwayconnect.com/index.php/products/dmx-show-controllers-and-consoles/103-cognito2
I don't believe it supports an external touch-screen though.
Support and service are excellent.

I'd suggest looking at an ETC Colorsource 40 AV (which supports external monitor on the HDMI jack), Pathway Cognito 2, or Chamsys Quick Q (available very soon, I don't think they're shipping yet) over the Leprecon. My experience with the more feature-rich Leprecon consoles - including the LPC - has been incredibly frustrating due to poor naming and workflow on the desk. I certainly wouldn't want to try to run movers on the LPC, that would be a nightmare.

You can put that "Quick Looks" functionality next to any lighting desk and not even have to turn on the desk with this: https://springtreeled.com/sm-8-switch-dmx-desk-station/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back