Control/Dimming Leprecon LP-X24 boot error message

pdm2000

Can anyone please tell me how to fix a Leprecon LP-X24 that won't boot up? During initialization, it gives the error message "Fatal Error: Out of Memory". Any help would be greatly appreciated, a dark stage needs some light...

i believe if you put your boot floppy in there it will let you boot and erase like shows and stuff you have saved

.....and always remember ETC is betta!! :)

Thanks for the quick responses guys. No luck with a boot floppy, this board came from another theater "as is". I have downloaded the manual, there is no info on error messages anywhere, and Google search turns up nothing... grr.

A little digging turned up this:

Bulletin Number: 141 Date: 1/15/2004
Subject: Some releases of LP-X software can develop a problem with the internal show storage. This results in the message 'please wait while we initialize' being shown on the display, and failure to boot past that message. This problem was fixed in release 3.2 in the LP-X24, and all versions of
LP-X48 software.
There is a three step process to remedy this problem:

1) Force the board to boot with an empty show.
Hold the 'NO' key down while switching on power. Hold the key for approximately 30 seconds, until the board boots properly.
2) Load the latest software.
While in Setup mode, select the option for upgrading program. The program file must be on a formatted floppy disk, and will have a name like X24_3208.lbf.
3) Format the internal flash drive. Turn the board back off; press and hold the 'C' button while switching on the power. Hold the key for approximately 30 seconds. A message will display to press the 'yes' key to format the
internal drive. Press and hold the 'yes' key for 2 seconds.
The board is now ready for use.

Software versions can be found here.

And now its time for Grog's usual statement.

The easiet way to fix a Leprecon board is to throw the **** ing thing away and buy something that's actually useful. Today I suggest this as a more useful product than the X24 light switch on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Just to close the issue, I tried the above procedure from Leprecon's site and only had to power on the board while holding the NO button to clear the error message. I didn't have any shows stored in the board so there were none to recover. I left the software at the previous version, no need to mess with it further in my case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back