Leprecon MX 1200 issue

jyenish

I'll be the first person to admit my knowledge of electronic component repair is lacking. Here's my problem, I hope someone might have an idea.

I have two Leprecon MX 1200 rack mounted dimmers, they power the lighting in our multipurpose class room / performance space. Yesterday I loaded 12 500w Altman 65Q 6" Fresnels in the system, one MX 1200 powered 2 units, the other 10. Yesterday after the units were hung and cabled I tested the system (using a Leprecon 600 12/24 console) (I swear this isn't an advertisement) everything worked fine. When I left for the day I left the power running to the the MX 1200's but shut down the board. This morning I came into work to focus the units and the rack with 10 units on it wasn't working. Upon inspection the overtemp light is on. I tried the usual, trouble shooting ideas, I restarted the system several times, and unplugged all the units. I'm at a loss. Does anyone have an idea as to what went wrong and how I can repair it.

I did some quick checking on line and to replace the MX 1200 would cost close to $3000, I have $400 available for repairs. I look forward to any help I can get.

On a disparaging side note I called Leprecon tech serviced today (early afternoon) and their person was already gone for the day... is Leprecon run by bankers?

...On a disparaging side note I called Leprecon tech serviced today (early afternoon) and their person was already gone for the day... is Leprecon run by bankers?
Well...it's COLD in Hamburg, MI (7°F/-8°F), maybe work was canceled?

I take it you've already read the manual: http://www.leprecon.com/productfiles/212119EVXmanual.pdf. Are the fans running? Are the pack's air intake ports clean? Might be just that the temperature sensor needs replacing. Very odd that this happened over night with no load, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back