Les Mis swords and muskets

Muskets are pretty easy to fake with some 5/4, some doweling and a band saw. Add some miscellaneous hardware to fake things like trigger guards, hammers etc.
Most of the swords are gong to be Sabers which can be done with with a CVG 1x stock and a band saw and a belt sander. Add some sliver paint and you're good to go < for most venues>
If you want sword on sword fighting you are going to need to either find a Fight choreographer who has his own stock of weapons, rent them from Weapons of Choice or Western Stage Props. Or find a local metal smith who loves the Arts and wants to donate his time.

Any ideas as far as the construction of large volume swords and muskets for Les Mis.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

I just finished Les Mis on a very low budget, and made about a dozen quickie rifles. I kept them fairly generic, so they could be used as american or french in the future. I cut the stocks out of some scrap shelving, added a piece of 1/2 inch PVC and a few pipe clamps. Nothing much to it. If you were closer to the Bay Area, I would lend them to you.
lesMisRifle.jpgPipe Clamps.jpgRifleTrigger.jpg

I just finished Les Mis on a very low budget, and made about a dozen quickie rifles. I kept them fairly generic, so they could be used as american or french in the future. I cut the stocks out of some scrap shelving, added a piece of 1/2 inch PVC and a few pipe clamps. Nothing much to it. If you were closer to the Bay Area, I would lend them to you.
View attachment 9477View attachment 9478View attachment 9479
These look great! I'm totally taking this idea for my own future rifle needs.

Brilliant! These really look great!. I put half of a clothespin on the top of mine, just to break up the line. If I had a little more time and budget, the hinge pins would be awesome!

Similar, I added these (hinge pin door stop) to fashion the flint lock pieces:

9483-les-mis-swords-muskets-hinge-pin-door-stop.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back