Lessons Learned

Jakob B.

Hi all!

Just wanted to start a thread for all you theatre creators! Since this is such an amazing resource with a millennia in collective years of experience, and this could help young stagehands like myself, I ask the questions:

What is the most important thing someone has taught you about being a lighting designer or electrician?

and

What is the toughest lesson you've had to learn yourself about being a lighting designer or electrician?

cbrandt

"I'd rather be looking at it, than looking for it."

Always easier to bring extra stuff, than it is to find it on site.

RonHebbard

Premium Member
Hi all!

Just wanted to start a thread for all you theatre creators! Since this is such an amazing resource with a millennia in collective years of experience, and this could help young stagehands like myself, I ask the questions:

What is the most important thing someone has taught you about being a lighting designer or electrician?
Put some serious thought into choosing your channel layout.
and

What is the toughest lesson you've had to learn yourself about being a lighting designer or electrician?
When selecting hanging points / angles; think not only about where you want the light but where you don't want it as well.
Inhibitive sub-masters can be your friends, you just have to think a little odd to get the most out of them.
Groups can be VERY useful for subtraction.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

Reactions: rustystuff

derekleffew

Resident Curmudgeon
Senior Team
Premium Member