Lessons Learned

Jakob B.

Hi all!

Just wanted to start a thread for all you theatre creators! Since this is such an amazing resource with a millennia in collective years of experience, and this could help young stagehands like myself, I ask the questions:

What is the most important thing someone has taught you about being a lighting designer or electrician?

and

What is the toughest lesson you've had to learn yourself about being a lighting designer or electrician?

Hi all!

Just wanted to start a thread for all you theatre creators! Since this is such an amazing resource with a millennia in collective years of experience, and this could help young stagehands like myself, I ask the questions:

What is the most important thing someone has taught you about being a lighting designer or electrician?
Put some serious thought into choosing your channel layout.
and

What is the toughest lesson you've had to learn yourself about being a lighting designer or electrician?
When selecting hanging points / angles; think not only about where you want the light but where you don't want it as well.
Inhibitive sub-masters can be your friends, you just have to think a little odd to get the most out of them.
Groups can be VERY useful for subtraction.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back