Control/Dimming Leviton D4DMX stuck in "non-dim"

I have two Leviton D4DMX dimmer packs. They are addressed correctly and respond to control. But the fixtures don't turn on until the control board is at about 85% and even then they put out 100% power. How do I make these run 0-100% and dim? and not just on or off like they are currently doing

Hi,
I have a D4DMX pack. The power supply in it failed. after taking apart I found that the Power supply board (Daughter pcb from main pcb) had a failed Input Cap ( C7 22uf 450Vdc). Also the Control Chip popped the top off (U10) so i can not fully ID it. I can read some. "TOP" and "4". Also found a Dio shorted (D1). Was hopping someone out there can get me the info for U10.

Many Thanks
David

Attachments

• 20170422_150128.jpg
    20170422_150128.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 138
Someone on here might have access to the parts data. Short of that, I would do a google search for "8 pin DIP PWM driver chip" but there is a lot of them out there. Can you make out the brand of the chip? That will narrow it down quite a bit.
I believe that chip actually has the mos-fet driver transistor built into it, which is why it so gloriously let it's smoke out. Check your secondary diodes as well as something may have overloaded it.
Of course, you could take all the fun out of it and just call Leviton ;)

Did call them. $$$ for repair. Not worth it. Besides, That does take all the fun out of it. lol. Yes an Output Dio is also shorted. Yes to Mosfet. Need a component patch kit.
Power Integrations i think.

Last edited:
Thanks. Yes it is there older logo. I think I found the chip an have ordered parts to repair. Will cap/ic chip/dio total cost (I hope) will be under $20. Plus my labor.Lol
Again thanks
David

Users who are viewing this thread

Back