Control/Dimming Leviton Innovator Introduction Video

We've got that tape sitting in the file cabinet next to the console. Now the issue was they built a brand new state of the art school so we had to find archaic technology to play it.

We have this board at school, and this will be greet to show in class. thanks

Wow, I just finished a show last night that used this console. Now, here is the funny part about it.

Our theatre is being renovated right now so we had to find another space on campus. We found a large lecture hall that had a lot of theatrical gear. It was just opened in the Spring of last year.

Inside of it, they had a top of the line projector....not sure what it was other than it cost about 15k. It was on a lift of some sort in the ceiling so that it could be lowered for maintenance. Apparently the contractors set the limits before installing the seats though so a week before we got there, they lowered it for the first time and killed the lift frame and damaged the projector when it hit the seats and tried to keep going.

They also set up motorized cameras, a nice video switcher, a Yamaha LS-9 with about 16 EAW speakers around the space, along with many more nice quality toys. Clearly they were not afraid to spend....until you saw this console sitting up there. Talk about a letdown checking out the booth walking down the line and then coming across this thing. Also the dimmers that they installed were from Leviton as well. For some reason, they set the dimmers so that at 1% they came up to 50% and then raised up from there. I even ended up swapping out the console with our Element and it still happened so I know it was on the dimmer end. Unfortunately, they didn't have the software to change the curves on the dimmer end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back