Leviton NRD 8000 Cooling Fan

I have some old Leviton NSI NRD 8000 dimmer packs. The fan on one of the packs has started making a buzzing sound like the fan is soon going to die. Does anyone know which specific fan are used in these packs so that I can try and replace it? I've opened up several of my dimmer packs and none of them have any labels on the fans, just a randomized serial number.

Thanks

You could try Leviton NSI tech support at 1-800-824-3005, Option 2 in Tualatin, OR or the parts department at Full Compass Systems at 1-800-5844 option 2.
Probably a standard size fan... I would just measure H x W x depth and meter the voltage going to it, 5, 12, or 24 volt probably. Mouser, Digikey, or eBay will have it.

Most electronics fans are common sizes and mounting, and the CFMs are similar for a given form factor. Chances are, you can open up the beast, get a look at the label and take measurements and find a replacement that will fit like a glove.

So I called Leviton to at least get the part number for the fan since the label wasn't on the fan inside my dimmer rack. However the original fan (NMB 3115PS-12W-B30-A00) is no longer manufactured. Digi-key recommended a Qualtek FAA1-08025NBMW31 which has a slightly smaller RPM (2500 vs 3100) and slightly less air pressure (0.118 vs .216 in H20) or a Orion OA825AP-11-1WB which uses slightly more power (9w vs 5w) and is slightly wider (27mm vs 25mm). Which substitute fan would people recommend I get?

Original:

Digi-Key Substitutes

More power generally means more CFM. More CFM never hurts. It is doubtful that 2 mm would cause a clearance problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back