Leviton/NSI MC 24/48 - DMX Channels

LeoPro

I recently picked up an Nsi MC 24/48 and a few intelligent lighting fixtures (Martin: Atomic, Wizard and 518 pro) from a lighting company. However, I am unfamiliar with this board and I would like to use any predesign lighting cues that might be still loaded/programed into the controller. Unfortunately, for testing purposes, all the DMX channels on the units were reset to “test” mode. Is there a way to print/display the fixture name and DMX Channel the lights were programed to on this lighting board? If so, how do I access this feature?

Thanks.

Jason

Last edited by a moderator:
Odds are that there are no pre programmed looks or cues in the console. You will probably have to start from scratch. If you are lucky the console will have profiles for the fixtures you have, but even that isn't a given. I don't know much about that particular console, but you might want to look through the wiki here and some of the older posts as we have many times talked about how to set up and patch moving lights. This would probably be the place to begin with your new equipment.

SETUP- PRINT- then select Device All, Device Used, then go to page two and select Patch by channel and Patch by dimmer. Keep in mind, you need a Parallel Port printer, not a USB printer to do this. This should give you information on what is currently in the board "Device" wise. Programming language is similar to an Express(ion). Slightly bastardized in some ways (having to record cue parts containing only the channels you wish to move in that part) slightly better in some ways (better FX engine integration). Keep in mind, I may not be 100% accurate with my knowledge of this console since I'm going off the manual and integrating my knowledge of the Colortran Encore series that this is based off of. Check to see if it sets a default time when you record a cue, the Encore sets a manual time by default and can not be changed from that.

Oh, and download and read the manual for it. It isn't that poorly written (unlike the Encore's manual).

I believe the MC 24/48 is much like my Innovator 48/96. If so, I seem to recall that moving light profiles were loaded from a floppy diskette. I still have the diskette, but never used it because I've never ran MLs from this console. If you can't find the profiles, you might be able to find them on Leviton's Web site and then download them to a diskette. It will probably be easiest to clear the memory and start from scratch, then set up your patches and profiles. Again, I've never ran intelligent lights from this console, so I'm going on what I remember seeing others use, not what I've done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back