Lifts

I actually don't know the fire curtain regulations in Australia. In UK I believe the house has to have a fire curtain if it seats more than 500 people and has a proscenium arch splitting performance and audience into two areas. Hence no fire curtain in open air theatres, in the round theatres or larger black boxes.

:mrgreen:Can I just say, "Well Duh":mrgreen:
I think that's called, rain.
HEHEHEHEHE

Yeah it sounds stupid but remember my post about the use of smoke machines and the correctly rated exhaust fan systems.
An open air theatre was banned from using smoke machines because it had no exhaust fans fitted!

Yeah it sounds stupid but remember my post about the use of smoke machines and the correctly rated exhaust fan systems.
An open air theatre was banned from using smoke machines because it had no exhaust fans fitted!

Yes those are your bureaucratic tax dollars at work !

Well, the University theatre department caused a delay at opening night of our show due to setting off the fire alarms with a fog machine during a tech rehearsal. Funny thing was, the fire marshall was in the audience of our show, so he was able to call off the trucks and reset the alarms and have words with the theatre department people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back