light design programs

soundop

are there programs where i can put in the theater blue print and light bars thatl help design lights?

There are many past threads on lighting design programs, run a search for them. I'd do it right now, but I've gotta run to see the rest of the world cup match. Anyway, there are more than a few threads out about this, just search a few different terms.

There are many programs out there that allow you to do this (since every professional theater Lighting Designer draws up a lighting plot with just that information on it). I use Vectorworks, which is a very good application and is used by much of the professional world. The rest of the professional world seems to use AutoCAD, which I have never tried but I have heard good things about.

If you want something that is free, I would refer you to this thread: http://www.controlbooth.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3622. If you do a search of the forum you will find several topics about lighting plot software.

you can plot lights in almost any cad program or even in paint. I have plotted lights in autocad. It may not have the templates but take some time and make your own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back