Light gone rogue

jayvee

Well hello!

I've got a problem in my own venue now. Dimmer 1 wants to come on and go off whenever it pleases. In the past, with other modules and other dimmers, I've swapped in a new cube and voila. This time, however, I've tried 3 different D20 modules and no dice; still the rogue light. Doesn't matter whether the console is on or off. I feel it's unlikely to hit 3 bad Q141 in a row but maybe that's a thing? What else should I check?

So far:
1) patch is normal, no surprises
2) it only comes up to 50% and there's no discernible pattern
3) CEM3 reads all normal, all systems OK, dimmer firing normally
4) also happens when the CEM3 reads no DMX signal present

What else am I not thinking of?

From what you have described, I can only think something is wrong in the CEM. I would call ETC tech and see what they say.
Calling ETC should be step 1, before posting here. Not that we aren't interested (we are) but because there is a much better chance of getting the correct answer for the gear installed in ones venue and getting that answer quickly.

Part of the premium prices ETC can command are for their stellar support at all points in the lifetime of their products. I suggest that stakeholders avail themselves of this "feature" that comes with every ETC purchase.

Couple of quick thoughts..... When the Dimmer comes on is the signal light present at the dimmer? If so you should be able to few the dimmer in the CEM to see what source is driving it. Maybe a houselight system is driving the circuit? . If you turn the breaker off does the light stay on? If so then another source of power is involved. Simple things that ETC would ask. Swap the module , does it still happen ....

To be clear, I'm no stranger to ETC tech support. I just thought I would reach out here first in case it was something small I overlooked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back