The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

light show cd

Discussion in 'Sound, Music, and Intercom' started by simchapup, May 12, 2008.

1. simchapup

simchapup Lighting Technician

I'm doing a light show but i need some help with the audio. I mixed together a couple of tracks the best I could in garage band, but i think the transitions need help any advice.

http://www.nowupload.com/:w3o

Thanks

2. soundlight

soundlight Well-Known Member

I like to use Cool Edit Pro 2 or Adobe Audition (what happened when adobe bought Cool Edit Pro) to mix tracks because it's really easy to do crossfades, and I like their graphic representation of volume and pan levels.

I do have to say that you had better post a video of your light show when it's done. That's definitely gonna be a long one. For the light shows that happen every year at the dept. open house, it's become a tradition to use a full song and not mix tracks, so that's what we do. It'll take a while to program, but the end product should be pretty awesome. What kind of fixtures do you have?

simchapup likes this.
  3. simchapup

we are currently trying out 2 vl2500's and 2 vl1000's and a marquee light console.

4. soundlight

soundlight Well-Known Member

Aw, come on, you know you've gotta bust out some conventionals!

(sorry for the hijack)

5. simchapup

its all good ya we have tons of conventionals. im using some color scrollers also. i love your light shows there really cool