Light Weight

ReiRei

I've been searching the internet for this answer for a while and couldn't seem to find it. Could anyone tell me what the weights for these lights are:
Source 4's
Source 4 Jr. Zoom's
Fresnel's
Altman's

I would like to find out so that I can post it somewhere in my theatre. That way, when we hang lights and have to reweight battens it will take a little bit of the guess work out of it. Because for some reason, none of us know how much they weigh.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Have you not got a pair of scales or somthing? Bring in a pair of your bathroom scales, stand on them, then stand on them holding the fixture, and subtract your weight. That way you don't risk the light falling over.
Ps. Allways editing for misspelling too!

The S4 is about 20lbs while the S4 Jr are around 14Lbs. You can find them at etcconnect.com under products, find the fixture,then click on the downloads tab.

As CBR372 said, you can go to the manufacterer's website and in the fixture specifications you can lookup the fixture weight. A bathroom scale would also work...although I doubt you really need to hold the fixture while standing on the scale. Just place the fixture on the scale, it will be fine.

For the fresnels and the Altmans, a 6x9 is going to have a different weight then a 6x22. What fixture exactly? Once again, data sheets are your friend. Same for fresnels, depending on the company it can vary buy 5-10#.

Download this... Paul Pelletier - LD Calculator

Yes, please clarify on the Altman's and Fresnels. A 360Q weighs about 15-16 lbs, and I would take a wild guess that their 65Q fresnels weigh around 5-8 lbs. Then again, you could be talking about 1KL's and 8" fresnels in which there would be a pretty big difference..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back