LightBoard for Just a Few Moving Instruments

1 thru 12 on
sub 1 record
Man thats tough.
1 thru 18 @ 5 *
1 record *
even tougher.
Strands displays don't look nearly as friendly then ETC, that I know, but the reason for that is they are giving you much more info on one screen. The fact you can delete channels that you aren't using, you have a better moving light package (not great, but better), and a host of other things....

I believe it is more like:

ETC:
1 [thru] 20 [@] [full]
[record] 1 [enter]

Strand:
1 [THRU] 20 [ON]
[RECORD] 1 [*]

Since ETC copied Strand for the Obsession line, the ETC interface is very similar to Strand's. But in Strand you don't have to go into a second live screen (ML Live) to access your intelligent fixtures.

Really, I think it comes down to what you are familiar with. I had the opportunity to learn both OS's in college. I decided that I like Strand better (though EOS may change that), but some people like ETC or other brands more.

I just played with some new Leprecon console at my local dealer (don't remember the model, probably and LPX24). It is of no use to me, but as a simple, inexpensive console, it did great for MLs. It has touch screen technology, pretty good UI, and relatively intuitive controls. If I was working on a low budget and needed a simple inexpensive controller, I would keep it on my list. I don't know about their track record, but it certainly seems like a decent console.

Last edited:
you can input however you please with strand, you aren't locked to a certain way of recording a cue or what not. This may sound stupid, but depending on how the designer is speaking to me, I change the way I input info to the board. Especially when updating cues and recording new stuff this is a huge time saver. If you can make a change without having to hold you are saving time for everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back