The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Lighting Design work

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by ChrisManStyle, Apr 9, 2004.

1. ChrisManStyle

ChrisManStyle Member

I am looking for a place near San Diego or Fullerton that is looking for a Lighting Designer (and Pays) I really need some more experience on my resume, and if anyone knows of places that need work let me know. Over the summer I could even go far away if it payed well enough. Please respond if you have any information. Thanks.

Chris

PS. I am also interested it stage management, and directing...haha pretty much everything. but lighting is where it really is at for me.

2. JasonC77

JasonC77 Member

Look for summer stock jobs. There is a publication called Art Search that has tons of listings for summer stock... also take a look at www.backstagejobs.com

Also, be ready to hump lights first. Designers frequently start out working for F-R-E-E until they can prove to people that they are worth paying for. I'm in the same boat. Have a theatre that i regularly design for, but they pay peanuts, and I have to be my own master electrician, and frequently, my own electrics crew. Ahhhh... the life of low budget professional theatre. Heck... i figure what they are giving me in portfolio decorations more than pays for the ammount of work I have to do.

3. Radman

Radman Well-Known Member

I feel for ya, man. I'm in the same boat too. Except w/o the peanuts.
    I say get a grant, start your own theater, and give yourself a nice hefty raise!

4. JasonC77

JasonC77 Member

Hah! not too bad an idea ;)