Lighting Design work

I am looking for a place near San Diego or Fullerton that is looking for a Lighting Designer (and Pays) I really need some more experience on my resume, and if anyone knows of places that need work let me know. Over the summer I could even go far away if it payed well enough. Please respond if you have any information. Thanks.

Chris

PS. I am also interested it stage management, and directing...haha pretty much everything. but lighting is where it really is at for me.

Look for summer stock jobs. There is a publication called Art Search that has tons of listings for summer stock... also take a look at www.backstagejobs.com

Also, be ready to hump lights first. Designers frequently start out working for F-R-E-E until they can prove to people that they are worth paying for. I'm in the same boat. Have a theatre that i regularly design for, but they pay peanuts, and I have to be my own master electrician, and frequently, my own electrics crew. Ahhhh... the life of low budget professional theatre. Heck... i figure what they are giving me in portfolio decorations more than pays for the ammount of work I have to do.

Have a theatre that i regularly design for, but they pay peanuts, and I have to be my own master electrician, and frequently, my own electrics crew.
I feel for ya, man. I'm in the same boat too. Except w/o the peanuts.
I say get a grant, start your own theater, and give yourself a nice hefty raise!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back