lighting DMX computer???

Water cooling is an effective way to cool a pc but I personally would first invest in a good computer case, at the end of the day you need a case but water isn't so vital. Now if you were overclocking it than you would want water cooling but if you are only running one app on the PC you shouldn't need to overclock it.

Water cooling is an effective way to cool a pc but I personally would first invest in a good computer case, at the end of the day you need a case but water isn't so vital. Now if you were overclocking it than you would want water cooling but if you are only running one app on the PC you shouldn't need to overclock it.

What ever you do, do NOT over clock it. This makes computers a lot more vulnerable to crash. I would never even think about doing that to a computer that I rely on to stay running.
Also, you do not need to water cool it. The programs do not take all that much power to run. A stock air cooler will suit you fine. As stated before, I would upgrade to a more quality case before I would water cool.

Sorry to rag on you Anvilx.

What I have for my laptop (which I find works beautifully) is removable hard drives.

On desktop PC's, the removable SATA bays cost very little... laptops they are a bit more expensive as they tend to only be available from the manufacturer.

My main HDD in my laptop contains my default operating system. When I need to do any development work etc, I have my CD drive in the removable drive bay, and I can work away as normal. When I need to run a show, I shut down the computer, flip out my DVD drive, flick in my show drive, and boot up. My BIOS is set to boot off of of the removable caddy first, then default to my hdd, so I get loaded into my show operating system automatically. All my development files are there on the main HDD, so I can just load them from within my show operating system, and BAM! Ready for the show, without all those pesky background applications and glitches that my main OS has. Works exceptionally well.

maccalder, that is a good idea. I really never thought about that.
One thing to be careful of is, you say that sometimes the show drive, and also the everyday drive are in at the same time. If you get a virus on the everyday drive, and it transfers to the show drive that could be a problem. But all in all, that is a grand idea, and surely not one I thought of.

The great thing about this is for a virus to run, it needs to be executed in some fashion - and to spread onto another drive, the drive has to be in whilst the virus is executed. I never have my show drive in whilst booted into my regular operating system. When I boot into my show drive, I know it does not have a virus on it, or registry calls to execute one, so even if I do have a virus on my main drive, it will not spread to my show one.

As a side point, I have never had a virus on a laptop (over the 6 years I have owned laptops), because I am careful about those sorts of things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back