Lighting Effects Revealed

stantonsound

I don't know if this has been posted here before, and if so...I apologize.

I have spent hours and hours recreating an effect for a scene that I was sure had already been done, but couldn't find it anywhere. Apollo has a great resource on their website that tells you how to create effects with their lighting products, and then shows you a quicktime video of the effect in motion. It has everything from a sunrise to twinkling stars to a dancing mardi gras dancer. Most use gobo rotators, or other similar devices, and I am sure that you can use Rosco or whatever you already use....so I am not trying to sell you Apollo products (although I do use their products more than the others and have been very happy).
The website is http://www.internetapollo.com/TechTalk/CreativeFx/
The effects listed are:
* 60's Dots
* Apparition
* Blazing Sun
* Bursting Flowers
* Cascading Snow
* Circling Dots
* Digital Rain
* Disco #1
* Evil Eyes
* Evolving Clouds
* Fall Leaves Swaying
* Fierce Forest Fire
* Fiery Pumpkin
* Fireplace Flames
* Flaming diamonds
* Flaming Skull
* Flipping Discs
* Flying Butterflies
* Glowing Campfire
* Honeycomb Hurricane
* Kaleidoscope
* Lavender Explosion
* Liquid Stars
* Mardi Gras Dancer
* Multiple Rolling Clouds
* Pastel Diamonds
* Psychedelic Swirl
* Reflecting Surface Water
* Rolling Square
* Shark In Distance
* Shimmering Star
* Sketch Tunnel
* Sparkle Box
* Sparkling Fireworks
* Spooky Ghost
* Stained Glass Window
* Sunrise Through Waves
* Swirling Squares
* Time Tunnel
* Twinkling Stars
* Underwater Ripples
* Water Shimmer

Another good resource that has been around for a long time is the GAM recipe book (both in paper or online)...

GAM Products Recipe Book...

I tend to buy Rosco (since it's close enough) and occasionally Apollo, but I first got a copy of the GAM recipe book back in like 1999. It still sits with all my product catalogues and such. I've used it several times to show a few rookies some different ideas without any effort on my part when time is short and they seem eager.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back