Control/Dimming Lighting Issues.

TravisATD

Hey guys, recently I've purchased a Chauvet Obey 40 Lighting Controller, Elation Dimmer Relay Pack. 3 Pin dmx Cable and using a emu midi cable I've had for the last 2 years and some work lights.

I'm trying to hook the lighting controller to the computer to use pre-written midi cues with backtracks in logic pro 9 live.

When I hit anything on the piano roll within logic it does NOT trigger anything. Even with tinkering with the controller on its own it gave me some lights flashing at one point but other than that nothing. I made sure the polarity on the control was set to the same as the relay pack.

Not sure if its a midi cable issue or what.

Well I would start by checking the midi cable and dmx cable. Be completely sure they are plugged in correctly and make sure they are working. That is most likely your problem. Then I would check the lights themselves. Some work lights won't work well in that application. Work lights are not designed to be used in dmx control. Try disconnecting the computer completely and just using the controller. Use the controller to turn the lights on and off and try dimming them. If this does not work then it is most likely the lights or the dimmer pack. If it does work the it is most likely the midi cable. Also, What will you be using this for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back