Lighting Magic

techdude311

Hello Control Booth Viewers
I need to design a "magic" cue to travel in time that would take within 5-7 seconds while the cast shouts "Karaoke!". Any suggestions? We do have color chasers above the stage. We have a ETC Element to control it.

Last edited:
I fear you're going to have to give us a little more to go on other than "Magic cue", sorry. Are you looking for help on designing a slow chase with the Element? Or exactly what effect is it you need?

My read of the post makes me believe the OP is looking for a "special effect" to give the illusion of time travel. There are any number of inexpensive DJ type dance floor effects lights that could accomplish this. Do you have any budget available?

For example the Tri Gem LED for under $ 80.00 could work.

proxy.php

Yeah, have to agree that a cheap DJ effect is probably the way to go to create a time travel looking special effect. There are lots to choose from that will only set you back around $100. Use the rest of your rig to setup some sort of strobing, pulsing, chase to go with it and it should look great.

Thank you for all your ideas. I was basically looking for any ideas that any of you would have so to answer some of those questions, that is what I meant. I am still accepting ideas if you still want.

Visit Chauvetlighting.com most of the effects have videos to show you what they do. It should help you get creative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back