Lighting pigtail problems

peacefulone61

I am lookin for a better solution to a cable problem that I am having. There is a walkway that goes around the space. There is a 3 foot extension per circuit that is hardwired into the Chase way. In the past these of just laid on the floor and have been a tripping hazard. This was the only solution that I could come up with to prevent this issue however I feel like I'm probably creating more problems. Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_0108.JPG
    IMG_0108.JPG
    160.3 KB · Views: 378
If you feel like the tie line is gonna get loose you could use velcro or a more permanent solution like zip ties or conduit clamps. But hey at least it is off the floor.

Is this an area the audience has access to? If so, then I'd rather see those cables coiled and tied off down by the raceway rather than up where people's hands go...

the audience dose not have access to the area. It is more running crew and actors during shows and then just school support staff during the day.
I don't find fault with your tie lines although short bungees may be faster for you to work with and less dependent upon the care with which people tie their knots.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

I don't find fault with your tie lines although short bungees may be faster for you to work with and less dependent upon the care with which people tie their knots.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.
Or long velcro wraps!

Ball Bungees.
While quick and easy, I would not consider that a good option because it is not as easily permanently attached to the pigtail while still allowing ease of use. Velcro or tie line would be better since it can be attached and not fall off when the pigtail isn't tied to the railing.

While quick and easy, I would not consider that a good option because it is not as easily permanently attached to the pigtail while still allowing ease of use. Velcro or tie line would be better since it can be attached and not fall off when the pigtail isn't tied to the railing.
Possibly short bungees with hooks on their ends could be Ty-Wrapped in place on the rail such that the bungees remained in place awaiting use whenever required.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

One of the things that might work however I am not sure if it would be something easily hung from the railing. Go on eBay and see if you can find a patch strip. I found one of the used system that I had installed at the theater that I was able to go on eBay and buy a 12 channel patch strip that we had wired directly to the dimmer rack. Made patching our light much neater and nicer. If you could do something like that perhaps that would help allowing you not to need tuns of stage pin cable running around the entire place. Just an Idea. Hope it helps. Keep us up to date on what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back