The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

LIghting Service Question

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by Dani, May 18, 2007.

1. Dani

Dani Member

I am working on fixing some source 4 ellipsodials and I need to order the part but I am not sure what it is called.

The piece is in the cord going from the fixture to the plug in, it is the white cord with the silver end on it, that goes into the ceramic piece.

Can anyone tell me what this is called?
    And know of any good websites to order parts from

-Dani

2. SteveB

SteveB Well-Known Member

The ETC website has the cut sheets for the fixtures as well as assorted other documentation that is useful.

www.etcconnect.com

SB

SB

3. Footer

Footer Senior Team Senior Team Premium Member

Your looking for a "pigtail". Call production advantage, tell them what it is, they will get the part to you. I believe those run around a 1.50 a piece.

4. icewolf08

icewolf08 CBMod CB Mods

Controls Technician - TAIT Towers
    It sounds like you need to replace the ceramic lamp base. These are sold complete with wiring attached, any theatre supply place should have them, just ask for a Source 4 Lamp base. These run about $15-ish.

To install, you will need to open up the lamp cap, remove the retaining "spring" that hold the porcelain base in place, unscrew the strain relief and remove the base and wiring. Then Feed the new wiring through the fiberglass cable sheath, put the new lamp base in place and put the spring around it. Close up the lamp cap and re attach your connector.