Lightwright Adding Fixtures & Positions

carsonld

Two questions...

I am using a file I drafted on Vectorworks earlier this year. I have Electric 1A, Electric 1B Electric 2A, Electric 3A. This is a file I have just "save as" for new shows. When I use data exchange in lightwright it added Electric 2B with six fixtures on it. I looked at the VW symbol coloumn and saw that it was six wybron scroller. Earlier this spring we rented chroma q scrollers and I just used the wybron symbol but changed the name. Now I have zero scrollers in my plot but somehow these wybron guys showed up on a new position. I reset the highlight and history but thats all I have done. When I delete the fixtures from lightwright, nothing is removed from the plot.

Secondly, I am having trouble getting vectorworks to auto number correctly. I have my lighting pipe converted to a lighting position and then my fixture show they are on that position. However, when I go to "auto number position" it numbers the fixtures in a weird order. Any ideas?

Lightwright and I don't get along a lot of the times as it always breaks the communication between Vectorworks and I have to create a new xml file... so I am always running into problems. Any ideas on the problem I am experiencing?

Thanks for the input. In the meantime I will continue reading the manual ;)

What direction is the autonumber set to? Is it right to left when your position is up to down (or visa-versa?)

As far as scrollers go... I've always found deleting accessories from vectorworks and letting that update in lightwright is more successful than deleting/adding things in lightwright.

As far as the software goes... It's fustrating, unpredictable, and a shame that the market is too small for a competitor to feel motivated to make something. Every time I use it something else amazes me at how... creatively... it behaves.

Autonumber is set right to left and the position is an electrical which is also right to left.

Im confused because I dont have any scrollers on the light plot. I dont even have electrical 2B anymore. But it keeps appearing in the lightwright show file. I have even found the layer and class that it is on but there is nothing there that corresponds to what lightwright is showing.

Last edited:
Have you done a "perform a complete export on exit" in VW and then synced this back to LW to make sure everythings still on the same page?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back