Lightwright

LOVE IT !!!! NO ONE has to worry about the LD's handwriting again! But if you are a low budget school person like my school is, then the demo version has no setbacks except that it will not handle more than 75 fixtures, great for small theaters. A drafting program is necessary if you want to do your whole light plot/chart on the computer. Overall it is an excellent program, onyl a couple little problems that most people wont notice. If you have the opertunity, download the demo version..

~Garen

I stick with Vectorworks and sometimes plot wiht WYSIWYG. But I still prefer Vectorworks because its a CAD based program and you can do just avbout anything with your light plot and it also generates all of your paperwork for you. Once you get into plots that contain hundreds maybe even thousands of instraments you will break down and get a program like Vectorworks. Saves you some time in the long run. NOTE: If you dont like computers that much then Vectorworks is not for you and I would look into WYSIWYG. If anyone wants more info on those programs let me know.

I've used LW since it was called Assistant Lighting Designer. It's a paperwork program, but it really is the best out there for the hookup portion, with the easiest "language" to learn. John Mckernon is an LD, so the program thinks like an LD. I'm currently on LW3 and have been using it since it came out. Worth the price.

When mated to Vectorworks Spotlight, it really does it all, or at least everything I want it to do.

Can't say anything about version 4 yet, anybody have any user feedback ?, especially any particular issues with VW ?.

Steve B.

I'm running the demo of LW4. Since I don't have more then 75 fixtures, for now the demo version does all I need it to do. I have yet to use it for an actual show, but it is easy to get the hang of and to understand how it works. It took about 1 hour of messing around with it before I was comftorble with it, which is very good for a pice of software.

just use excel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back