Lineset issue

sharpcarp

Hello all. I've got a double purchase counterweight query. One of my linesets has developed a bit of an issue. It flys fine coming in, but it feels like it's about 40lbs out of weight (pipe heavy) when flying out. It is perfectly balanced and has this "one way" issue the entire distance of travel regardless of the load on the pipe. This is the only one of 37 identical linesets installed and maintained together that has this issue.
I have taken it out of service until I sort out what the issue is and had a good look over it. The T track is fine, the Arbor glides are fine, the handbrake is adjusted properly and the tension block is moving freely. The tension on the lift lines is consistent in both directions leading me to believe that it's not an issue with one of the loft blocks.
Is it possible that the head block or arbor block is failing but only affecting one direction of travel? Has anyone encountered this?

Hello all. I've got a double purchase counterweight query. One of my linesets has developed a bit of an issue. It flys fine coming in, but it feels like it's about 40lbs out of weight (pipe heavy) when flying out. It is perfectly balanced and has this "one way" issue the entire distance of travel regardless of the load on the pipe. This is the only one of 37 identical linesets installed and maintained together that has this issue.
I have taken it out of service until I sort out what the issue is and had a good look over it. The T track is fine, the Arbor glides are fine, the handbrake is adjusted properly and the tension block is moving freely. The tension on the lift lines is consistent in both directions leading me to believe that it's not an issue with one of the loft blocks.
Is it possible that the head block or arbor block is failing but only affecting one direction of travel? Has anyone encountered this?

We have the same problem with two of our linesets, and after some inspection by a rigging company, The problem has been daignosed as a worn out bushing or bearing in the headblock. As soon as we have a free time in our schedule it is being fixed for an unbelievable amount of money. The high cost is attributed to rental of a lift that can go that high. Ours are linesets #6 & #7. If they were further upstage, it would be a whole lot more convenient for scheduling, as we could do it behind a set for the next show. Good Luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back