Control/Dimming Linux in the theatre

mitt10tim

I have been looking for awhile now and can't seem to find what I'm looking for. What I want is a program that will run in Linux that can control a few lights via a usb to dmx adapter. I know such programs exist but I need it to be both simple and either free or very inexpensive. It's for a grade school and will be operated by 7th and 8th graders.

even more important and more difficult is to find is a program that will run sound effects. It really doesn't need to be a high powered program it just needs to have a cue list, be able to stop after each cue, have a fade in/out function and it would be nice if it could play cues simultaneously.
a good example of a window program that can do this is Multiplay (which is free) again this will be used by grade schoolers.

Also I use Kubuntu, a debian based Linux

Yeah, Ubuntu is a great operating system, simple, yet fully customisable, I can't reccomend it enough, I have it installed onto my portable hard drive after I partitioned part of it to the linux file system, so I can use either, and I also use a "modded" version of Mac OSX that runs on my normal desktop PC, its not Mac hardware but lets me run the Mac OS. It's illegal though, but a very intersting project.....
Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back