Linux.

Robert F Jarvis

We have used Show Cue Systems for cyc projections for many shows and love it. My laptop is now a Linux Mint machine. Are there any Linux video/sound cue control software suites similar to SCS?

I think that is a sound cue system. I need to organize and playback videos to the cyc projector. will download and have a look.
I try to use Linux as much as possible, but there are some things that just work on a mac, Qlab for example.
But in experimenting for myself on events that don't have budget for a licenses Q-lab system or other polished commercial package, I have managed to achieve results using linux.
Videos can be easily played using VLC, the linux version has very customizable playlist functions.
The presenter software in LibreOffice (or OpenOffice) is a great way to play videos in cue-able sequence with effects and transitions. (you will want some decent CPU & GPU horsepower behind it, not exactly RPi-friendly)
-This also applies to any platform, -Powerpoint and Keynote can be used to cue-list video rolls
-also having a video switcher takes a lot of transition need away from your playback system -you get media rolling then fade/cut in and out of it per your cue using the switcher.

OBS can be run on Linux and it can handle the switcher as well as the video cue playback, (but some of the hardware needs may cost more than just getting a dedicated Blackmagic switcher) It's designed to output for streaming but can easily be used for a local high-quality program feed.

Thanks for the link to Linux Show Player, haven't experienced that one yet but it looks promising -for audio playback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back