LN2 leak-Luxor Las Vegas

derekleffew

Resident Curmudgeon
Senior Team
Premium Member
http://www.reviewjournal.com/the-st...itrogen-leak-criss-angel-theater-inside-luxor
The investigation determined that alarms were triggered because filters within the system needed to be replaced, he said.

Liquid nitrogen is typically used as a refrigerant and can be found on most large properties as a component of cold storage systems for food and other perishable items,” according to the department.

So one wonders what the Criss Angel Showroom is doing storing "food and other perishable items"? I guess it's too much to ask that writers be aware that LN2 is commonly used in the entertainment industry to provide low-lying fog effects.

Something in the story still smells fishy ("food and other perishable items" notwithstanding). The show was completely revamped less than a month ago, and one would think that would include maintenance/updating of the fog system.

If it was revamped, it might be a bad joint in the LN system.

The show was completely revamped less than a month ago, and one would think that would include maintenance/updating of the fog system.

You might think that, but they cut the crew for the showroom almost in half and turn shows over pretty fast. I wouldn't be surprised if the system was left on it's normal maintenance cycle and the extra dust from the change over got into the filters.

Now what the normal maintenance cycle was who knows........

http://www.reviewjournal.com/the-st...itrogen-leak-criss-angel-theater-inside-luxor

So one wonders what the Criss Angel Showroom is doing storing "food and other perishable items"? I guess it's too much to ask that writers be aware that LN2 is commonly used in the entertainment industry to provide low-lying fog effects.

Something in the story still smells fishy ("food and other perishable items" notwithstanding). The show was completely revamped less than a month ago, and one would think that would include maintenance/updating of the fog system.

It was a statement released by the deputy fire chief. He probably has no idea what it was really used for. It also says that the system is maintained by a private company. So it's probably a 3rd party that takes care of it on a maintenance contract so I doubt that any remodeling would have had any effect on when the contractor showed up to check on the system. And it could be a case of the contractor being busy or not caring and just filling the tank up without doing any other inspections of the system. They may not have even known about the remodel to know that they needed to check the filters sooner than normal.

It was a statement released by the deputy fire chief. He probably has no idea what it was really used for. It also says that the system is maintained by a private company. So it's probably a 3rd party that takes care of it on a maintenance contract so I doubt that any remodeling would have had any effect on when the contractor showed up to check on the system. And it could be a case of the contractor being busy or not caring and just filling the tank up without doing any other inspections of the system. They may not have even known about the remodel to know that they needed to check the filters sooner than normal.

So who was responsible?

They are prolly just trying to diffuse the situation... So they can save face for not keeping up on maintainence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back