Lock bolts missing from arbor plate?

What's the saying, "Your patent is only as good as the money you have to defend it."? ;)

Nothing is really a patent until it's been challenged in court and comes out on top.

Not to mention that had Tiffin filed in the 80's, wouldn't that patent have already expired?

Anyone know if the retrospreader is still available? Graybeard Solutions? The website seems not active. www.retrospreader.com

proxy.php

Yes it is. We just used them on a rigging inspection followup repair.

So now that we know they exist. What is a retrospreader used for?

Today's' standard requires a spreader plate every two feet. The one that caused me to ask has them one per 5'. They are also available from the originator. Figure $30 each to allow for shipping. It may be a little less.

I recently worked as a weight loader in a subpar theater where they instructed me not to tighten thumb screws holding down the spreader plates to the arbor. I said this was a dangerous practice. My opinion was that if arbor should hit crash bar, ceiling or floor, a brick could fly off. They disagreed. They like to leave them loose to save work. Honestly I would hand tighten them just to keep from losing thumb screws. What proof can I show these people that it is not safe? Is this a bad practice, I could be wrong?

I recently worked as a weight loader in a subpar theater where they instructed me not to tighten thumb screws holding down the spreader plates to the arbor. I said this was a dangerous practice. My opinion was that if arbor should hit crash bar, ceiling or floor, a brick could fly off. They disagreed. They like to leave them loose to save work. Honestly I would hand tighten them just to keep from losing thumb screws. What proof can I show these people that it is not safe? Is this a bad practice, I could be wrong?
I would also considering not taking work in that space again. If they have that much of a lack of understanding on the features of their system, do not adhear to standard safety procedures, and focus on saving only seconds of work, it is likely a dangerous place to work in. Who knows what other corners they are cutting.

~Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back