Lock programming on ETC eos

Palms

Hi all,

I am trying to find a way to lock an ETC eos file so that none of the programming can be altered. I have a SM that is convinced they know what they are doing on the desk but in preshow checks they have managed to alter my fade times twice already.

Is there a way or is it a macro I have to write for it?

Any help or advice much appreciated!

Why is the stage manager operating the LX console? I'd think both Equity and the IATSE would have issues with this. If this is a non-union house and I were the LX operator, I'd lock or disable the console.

As thought, I have seen this request countless times in assorted forums and will suggest to ETC that they offer a change to the Shift +Escape keystroke to allow a Record Lock function. Seems a LOT of schools, where people don't know better, deal with this issue all the time.

It's fairly normal in smaller equity contracts for the sm to run lights/sound in a simple show.
A simple show NOT operating in an IA venue (and likely a LONNNNGG distance from IA Local 1.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Not unknown for houses that are union to let whomever run console, long as there’s a union member alongside or in the Booth. As long as it’s not putting somebody out of work is the concept.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back