Outboard Gear London Architect to Audio Architect

Brentgi

We're currently running a BSS BLU-100 with a BLU-BOB2 and will s0on be adding an additional BLU-BOB2 as well as a BLU-DAN.

The current setup was created several years ago using London Architect. I'd like to migrate over to Audio Architect (for use of zone controllers and iPhone/iPad Motion Control) but I'm having a bit of an issue... I can't seem to get the BLU-100 to show up in Audio Architect, even though I can view, operate, and go online with it in London.

My initial thought was perhaps it needs a firmware update, but I can't seem to find A) a current firmware download, and B) a way to update the firmware from London.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Contact the extra ordinary tech support people at BSS. Call 800-931-2357 for Tech Support. I have talked with Kevin or any of the other techs and they will be able to assist you. There may be an issue switching from London Architect to Audio Architect. You might loose your settings so before you do anything MAKE SURE you save your settings and maybe even write (type) them out as a JIC. Remember "O'Toole's Theory" . . . Murphy was an Optimist! LOL

Contact the extra ordinary tech support people at BSS. Call 800-931-2357 for Tech Support. I have talked with Kevin or any of the other techs and they will be able to assist you. There may be an issue switching from London Architect to Audio Architect. You might loose your settings so before you do anything MAKE SURE you save your settings and maybe even write (type) them out as a JIC. Remember "O'Toole's Theory" . . . Murphy was an Optimist! LOL

Thanks! I will give them a call. And as I understand it, I have to program the DSP from scratch going from one platform to the other. So I have backups of backups just in case.

Thanks! I will give them a call. And as I understand it, I have to program the DSP from scratch going from one platform to the other. So I have backups of backups just in case.

You are correct -- the DSP file will not crossover (pun intended). Let me know if you need help, I have two very talented BSS DSP folks working for me. We can even use BSS to control projectors, TVs, drapes, lighting, etc....Good luck! Mike

Mystery solved. Should've called support in the first place. Evidently, I can't run London Architect when Audio Architect is running. There is a firmware update option in Audio Architect that will do the trick, but again, I can't have both programs running at the same time or Audio Architect will not recognize the device.

Long story short, I've got everything transferred over and working great!

And as I understand it, I have to program the DSP from scratch going from one platform to the other.

Yeah, thanks Harman for thinking about your users when you made that call to change software tools with no migration path.
One system I've dealt with is a Blu linked system of 12 BLU-100s, 14 BLU-BIBs, a BLU-160 and a BLU-120, with something like 150 inputs and 25 outputs all written in London.
If someone wants to add say a BLU-DA for Dante, then the whole thing will need to be rewritten, retuned, and all the control IDs updated in the Crestron that controls it - no small number of IDs...
It was one of the turning points in the downward spiral of a company that is not looking promising these days...

Mystery solved. Should've called support in the first place. Evidently, I can't run London Architect when Audio Architect is running. There is a firmware update option in Audio Architect that will do the trick, but again, I can't have both programs running at the same time or Audio Architect will not recognize the device.

Long story short, I've got everything transferred over and working great!

You can have multiple instances of Audio Architect running on the same network but they MUST be the same version or only the first instance to connect to a device will have control, so this does not surprise me. Likewise, one cannot have Audio Architect and Performance Manager running at the same time and expect to have device control with both programs.

Glad to hear you're up and running!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back