Looking everywhere for a DMX controlled audio mixer

Help Please!

I am working on a large scale holiday display. I need a small 4 channel line mixer controlled with 4 simple Dmx channels. Nothing fancy. 4 inputs with 4 outputs or 4 inputs with 1 output. XLR,1/4", or RCA it doesn't matter. The closest I've come is Blue point engineering. Google displays photo of the exact mixer I need but I cannot find it on their website. Any help would be appreciated. cheers Mike

I've never seen a DMX controlled mixer, but I know how you can achieve what you want indirectly. In lighting equipment, DMX to 0-10V, analog converters are available from Doug Fleenor Design and others. The output of that converter can control an audio VCA. Radio Design Labs makes an ST-VCA3, which accepts 0-10V control. Get four of those, and connect to any common mixer.

I've never seen a DMX controlled mixer, but I know how you can achieve what you want indirectly. In lighting equipment, DMX to 0-10V, analog converters are available from Doug Fleenor Design and others. The output of that converter can control an audio VCA. Radio Design Labs makes an ST-VCA3, which accepts 0-10V control. Get four of those, and connect to any common mixer.
@shermster1 and @FMEng I've already contacted Ms. Janelle; Janelle's going to speak with their "smart people" (as she phrased it) in the morning in their time zone.
Dr. DMX and RDL; BOTH solid and reliable companies with lengthy reputations for excellent value / rock solid products supported with excellent customer support.
'nough said.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

@shermster1 and @FMEng I've already contacted Ms. Janelle; Janelle's going to speak with their "smart people" (as she phrased it) in the morning in their time zone.
Dr. DMX and RDL; BOTH solid and reliable companies with lengthy reputations for excellent value / rock solid products supported with excellent customer support.
'nough said.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.
@shermster1 @FMEng and @jfleenor
This COULD be a modular DIN rail project within a 10 x 10 x 3 or 12 x 12 x 4 steel junction box for magnetic / RFI shielding, mechanical protection and solid mounting of cable entry / exit clamps / glands. The entire steel box COULD be housed within your favorite TupperWare / Rubbermaid container if wind, rain, sleet and snow are a consideration and located in a shady area to minimize heating by the sun turning it into an EZ Bake oven.
EDIT: RDL also have mixing modules.
RDL modules, depending upon modules selected, could provide balanced or unbalanced line or mic level inputs and outputs along with mixing modules.
This could easily be a solid, reliable, DIN rail project. Ms. Janelle has DIN mounted offerings as well.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Last edited:
I've heard back from the smart ones, but unfortunately they aren't aware of any standard products out there that would fit the bill. Of course we could do a custom project, but that would almost certainly cost quite a bit. If you'd like to get a more detailed estimate, you can get a hold of us and we can figure out specifics. The smart ones DID say that it sounds like a fun project!

Hope you have a great weekend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back