Looking for credible backing for black walls as a backdrop

JoshC

I'm trying to find some credible documentation on the advantages of having black as a backdrop to stage design elements. Does anybody have any links or documentation to support ??

You can link to this post right here.

Black is the universal color of Backstage. It clashes with nothing, provides excellent concealment of details and is universally accepted as " the way to do it."

; >

Black is the "end" of the world onstage. It keeps the audience watching the stage and actors, and keeps the suspension of disbelief alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm trying to find some credible documentation on the advantages of having black as a backdrop to stage design elements. Does anybody have any links or documentation to support ??

All of us could tell you about our experiences of how black disappears in relation to any brighter color. Wait, every color is brighter than black. You can do you own research into the Psychology behind it, like the rest of us have done (or taken as fact on being told so.)

However, black isn't always the best choice for going behind scenic elements. Just the most common.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back