looking for inexpensive monitors

sgsound

I'm looking for some inexpensive monitors. I prefer a 12" driver. I read some reviews on stuff from Kostum but I'm really skeptical about something that cheap. Right now I'm looking at some peaveys and yamahas. I'm open to any other suggestions. I really can't spend of $250 per monitor.

You might take a look at Sound Tech's CST12M

proxy.php

Backed by a 5 year warranty and fits within your budget.

http://www.soundtech.com/products/speakers/ast12mp.asp

The Peavey would have been a good idea up until recently, with their headquarters in Meridian Mississsippi I have no Idea if their infrastructure
was damaged or not.
I am not getting good vibes from the fact that their site is down!

We use EAW monitors and they have a great crisp sound and response. The trouble is the price range is 700 +.

But in the price range you are looking for; Yamaha, JBl or Behringer are the line of speakers that I would recommend personally, because I have had vast luck and dependability in these brands. They have worked very well for me in reproducing the quality of sound needed in the wide range of entrainment that runs through our theatre.

This a good site to just go to and get a better idea of what you are looking for and prices.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com

The JBL JRX112M looks pretty good. You can get them from DJMart.com for a pretty good deal.

I'm going to suggest the Behringer EuroPro line. Pretty inexpensive, sound decent, and are actually quite durable. We still have a set in the shop from about 4 years ago, and they're just fine.

I've used the JBL SF12M's before and love them, thinking of building monitors based on them. The price for one I believe in $250, though I found a few on Ebay for $100 before.

avkid said:
The Peavey would have been a good idea up until recently, with their headquarters in Meridian Mississsippi I have no Idea if their infrastructure
was damaged or not.
I am not getting good vibes from the fact that their site is down!

Ordered some stuff for an install this week (delivery was Monday) and it was a little short. Haven't been able to get thru since then. You should be able to find them at retail, tho. BTW, I've heard the Peaveys and they're not bad for the $$. Not EAW or Meyer, but they don't cost as much, either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back